Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Buying Bulk, the Job Hunt, and Crossing Traffic



Hi guys! 

Things I have learned in the kitchen so far: 

I have an ongoing grocery list on the side of my fridge, so when I run out of something I write it on there straight away. This is to avoid me going to the store and assuming we're out of something and coming home to realize we have three 2 litre milks in the fridge already. Done that a couple too many times. 

Also, newsflash! Some things you (I) need to buy in bulk.. such as: 

Onions - I've been buying individual onions for so long… Individual ones are freakily gigantic (cut my finger real bad cutting one last week) and I always use half and have to wrap the second half for later… in a big bag of onions they are a more natural size and cheaper. Done and done. 

Basmati rice. I've been buying these puny bags every two weeks. Wussup with that? Bought a HUGE BAG this week. 

I WISH I could find arborio rice in bulk… we eats a looottt of risotto 'round these parts. 
I also wish I could afford to buy a 4 litre bottle of gin. I want g & t's all summer long! I'm obsessed. 

I'm trying to think of more things I can start buying in bulk.... 

Hey, it really annoys me when I know I have something and can't find it in the kitchen. I KNOW for a fact I have a bag of potatoes around here. I was just in the kitchen trying find them muttering aloud 'Where ma taters at??!' and I still can't find my taters. Sometimes I'm scared being home so much during the day is making me go a little crazy. 

More job applications today! I have yet another interview tomorrow at 11, and one on friday as well. I have so many call backs from these recruitment agencies who are filling positions for big companies. I'm just confused with the whole thing. Do I call them back to follow up? Also, so many job postings don't end until the end of June. Don't they know I can't wait that long? C'mon guys, get your crap together. 

Does anyone else get nervous when they're crossing a crosswalk at a packed intersection? I always get these butterflies, like I'm in a one-man play, and all those vehicles paid to be there, to watch me walk. I get super aware of my arms swinging at my sides, usually resulting in a slowww dowwwwn of the arm swing which probably looks super weird. I feel like I might trip any second or stub a toe. I usually end up taking out my phone and looking at it mindlessly to feel aloof, like I don't notice them. It's also annoying when you're about to jay walk and you're all .. watching the cars, choosing your moment to lunge into the street, and then a car slows down and holds up traffic and you have to run awkwardly across the street in front of them and look grateful at the same time. Guh… let me live my life! But thank you for the gesture, kind and thoughtful stranger.

Hmm.. post without pics? Say it ain't so! Here are some of Mark & I for all the grandmothers and mothers reading :) 


 Mark is really enjoying that peck on the cheek, hey?



I got a new app that I was playing with in the car. I kept adding these little doodles to photos and showing them to Mark. He said 'Uh huh' a lot, which means he LOVES them I think.


We went on a lil' neighbourhood walk. Mark wanted to show me this bridge. The water was high. I took a picture as a record. We will return at the end of summer and record it again. Yes! 




Our busy, un-matching bed in all its clashing glory. Yes, that is Darth Vader you see on the bed spread.

At the zoo. 


At T & G's rehearsal dinner in Vancouver this weekend. 

My peeps. Nuff said.


Car 2 go! Yah! 


This morning we went out for a little bite to eat after we did our taxes. It was a bit chilly to sit outside but we did anyway cause it was packed inside. Those sammies were real good! Thanks Wurst Boulangerie. 

Ok, I'll go make supper now. 

3 comments:

  1. Here are some other things to buy in bulk

    1. Flour (cookies, pizza dough, quiche crust, everything needs that flour) Don't even waste your time on tiny bags
    2. Olive Oil
    3. Milk (i really should buy this in bulk. Hate the 2L jugs.)
    4. Lemons (every dip tastes better with a bit of lemon. So often I just need a little squeeze of lemon)


    Do not buy strawberries in bulk unless you intend to freeze them. Hello.... MOLD.

    Good luck on your job interview tomorrow!!

    ~ Lyds

    P.S. I giggled as I imagined you saying "where my taters at?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemons ! Lemons In Bulk !
    I laughed so hard at the arm-swinging paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should check out the Grocery IQ app for making grocery lists. You probably like making physical lists though, amiright?

    ReplyDelete