Monday, November 14, 2011

Extended Minor Qualms


Why the frigggggg am I studying French?! I asked myself this over and over as I sat in class not understanding a word, grinding my teeth, shuffling through papers and feeling very small and overwhelmed. Its such a terrible feeling when not only are you behind on all your work... but honestly, you just don't understand it. Not at all. Not even a little bit! And explanations in french only confuse you further. It is a helpless feeling. BUT I have learned bit by bit that it is not completely hopeless. Although right now I want to rip up everything, stop wearing my retainer as I study because it prevents me from grinding my teeth in frustration, be able express myself in my mother language and not fear going to class. All is not lost, I am listening to 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' from the Remember the Titans soundtrack, so if that doesn't help I really don't know where to turn.

I forgot to wear my retainer in Jamaica and its being a little bitch now. It hurts so bad!


Someday soon I will post Jamaica pictures. Here is a little teaser. Also, it honestly just feels like a dream that I had and not a week spent. It went by so fast and here I am back in the land of falling leaves and impending winter and heaps of schoolwork and bulky scarves... I forget that just a few days ago I was doing this:



The only proof I have is photos and slightly bronzed skin.



I have a cute, slightly drugged looking boyfriend to vent to. He listens to alll ma problems and then hugs me.

Okay. Back to studying 'L'opposition et la concession' for my Advanced French Composition class. Killlll meeeee...

No comments:

Post a Comment